We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Chicken sandwiches
Sometimes I add fresh or dried chillies to the marinade to spice it up a little. I serve it warm, with shredded lettuce in a tortilla wrap.
32 people made this
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets, diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 75g (3 oz) desiccated coconut
- bunch spring onions, chopped
MethodPrep:2hr ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:2hr20min
- To make the marinade: Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ground black pepper. Mix together. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and dispose of marinade. Grill or barbecue chicken for 25 to 20 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Put chicken in a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice and salt and mix together. Then add the coconut and 3/4 of the spring onion. Mix all together, top with remaining spring onion and serve.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(16)
Reviews in English (23)
Something else.This is the easiest and best recipe. I've now made it several ways and the chicken is perfect each and every time. For an starter, I've skewered the chicken pieces between mushrooms.-18 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients.Great recipe! I used boneless chicken breasts, added powdered ginger and crushed chillies to the marinade. Let it marinate about 4 hours. I also omitted the spring onions since I'm not a big fan of them. I cooked the marinade down and topped the chicken with it at the end.-18 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients.Easy, unique and tasty! I highly recommend using low-salt soy, as regular soy tends to be WAY too salty. I add a bit of ginger (about a tablespoon, chopped) for added flavour.-18 Jul 2008