We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Seafood pasta
- Salmon pasta
- Smoked salmon pasta
An incredibly rich pasta dish, made from ready-made cheese tortellini, smoked salmon, asparagus and mushrooms. Serve with a side of crusty bread.
23 people made this
- 300ml milk
- 1/4 small onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 50g butter
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 225g fresh asparagus, trimmed and quartered
- 285g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 450g smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 515g ready-made fresh cheese tortellini
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:50min
- In a saucepan over low heat, simmer the milk, onion, bay leaf, cloves and nutmeg about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and discard the onion, bay leaf and cloves.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the red pepper and asparagus and cook about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and continue cooking until tender. Mix in the smoked salmon, reduce heat to low and cook until heated through.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat and slowly whisk in the flour until smooth. Thoroughly blend in the warmed milk. Stir into the frying pan with the salmon mixture.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook the tortellini 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Spoon the salmon and sauce mixture into the bowl with the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(19)
Reviews in English (19)
We just smoked two batches of trout (spawning here in MT right now). I was looking for a recipe that included smoked fish. I found this one and MAN WHAT A FIND. There were so many different textures and flavors going on it was so delicious. I doubled the whole cream sauce because we dislike dry food and used 1 1/4c heavy cream and 1 1/4 c 2% milk. I made this as a side dish but it could easily be the main dish. Served with Baslamic glazed trout and a bottle of pinot Noir. Very wonderful!!-28 Apr 2009
My husband really liked this recipe. I followed it exactly as written and used really nice salmon and good quality ingredients which I think makes all the differernce.-09 Sep 2009
I found this recipe to be exceptional with the ingredients I had on hand (which is how I found it; searched mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and smoked salmon). I didn't have cloves or milk so substituted 2 tsp dill and fat free half and half. The dash of nutmeg gave a suprising hint of sweetness in the final dish. I also don't have a plethora of saute pans, so sauted the onion, mushroom, asparagus and peppers in butter in one and simmered the cream, butter, dill, bay leaf and nutmeg in another. I whisked in the flour in the same pan after removing the bay leaf. I shreded the smoked salmon and added it to the sauted veggies about 5 minutes before I added the tortellini and sauce just to heat it through. A great bowl food recipe and great use of the last of my alaskan smoked salmon before my next trip there this summer. I'm eager to see how it freezes. It's in my recipe box.-31 Mar 2011