We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Oily fish
- Baked salmon
An savoury dinner loaf made from tinned salmon, cracker crumbs, milk, egg and butter. Serve as an alternative to meatloaf with rice, mashed potatoes or mixed vegetables.
159 people made this
- 1 (418g) tin salmon, undrained
- 35g Doriano Italian crackers, crushed
- 125ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salmon, cracker crumbs, milk, egg, salt, pepper and melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Press the salmon mixture into a lightly greased 23x13cm loaf tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or until done.
If your local supermarket doesn't stock Doriano Italian crackers, use cream crackers.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(179)
Reviews in English (152)
My family thought this was good when cooked following the recipe. The only thing I would change would be baking it in muffin tins so that there are more crispy edges, and adding a little bit of minced onion for flavor. Otherwise this is a really good, really easy recipe!-05 Jun 2007
There was nothing about this recipe I didn't like. It was quick and easy with a minimum of ingredients, though I did add some minced onion, dash of salt and a little pepper. It made a wonderful salmon loaf just like my Mom used to make. My grandkids, ages 4 through 16 loved it served with creamed peas and fried potatoes. I will be using this recipe from now on.-01 Apr 2002
I like to make individual patties with this mixture and fry them in a little butter in a skillet. I like the greater proportion of browned outsides when it is made that way.-06 May 2005