We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Seafood starters
- Fish starters
- Salmon starters
These fish cakes aren't any ordinary fish cakes, they have prawns, red pepper, Parmesan and chillies added in them. A highly flavoursome fish cake that breaks away from the norm.
72 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 4 seafood cakes
- 285g raw prawns, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 450g salmon fillets
- 190g dry wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 fresh Scotch bonnet, seeded and chopped or to taste
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 225g cream cheese, softened
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 230 C / Gas 8. Lightly grease a medium baking tray.
- In a medium frying pan over medium low heat, cook and stir the prawns and red pepper until the prawns are partially cooked. Remove from heat and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the frying pan over medium heat and cook salmon just until no longer pink. Remove from heat, cool and finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, basil and thyme. Stir in prawns, red pepper, salmon, remaining olive oil, chives and Scotch bonnet. Thoroughly blend eggs and cream cheese into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into about 4 burgers 1.75cm thick and arrange on the prepared baking tray. Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
Wholemeal bread crumbs
If your local supermarket doesn't stock wholemeal breadcrumbs, you can purchase them online.
They can be made by drying out wholemeal bread, then blitzing them in a food processor until you get fine breadcrumbs. Allow to dry out for another day, then place into a freezable container and pop into the freezer until needed.
You can substitute them for ordinary dry breadcrumbs.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(58)
Reviews in English (48)
Delicious and different. Like the fact there were no potatoes. The chilli adds a nice kick. Will definitely cook again.-14 May 2014
lave it beaut best thing ever m8-07 Feb 2012
Finally got around to rating this again having made the recipe as is. These are just awesome in every way. The patties are very generously sized and very filling. This recipe is in our permanent five star file. :-)-19 Apr 2003