We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Tomato salad
The classic combination of the Caprese salad is reproduced here, with the addition of herbs, capers, roasted red peppers and crushed chillies. Serve as a starter or side dish.
62 people made this
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 450g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2/3 (290g) jar roasted red peppers, drained and julienned
- crushed chillies to taste
MethodPrep:20min ›Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:50min
- In a medium bowl, mix together parsley, basil, oregano, capers, garlic and olive oil.
- On a serving plate, arrange mozzarella cheese slices and tomato slices in alternating layers. Top with roasted red peppers. Drizzle with the herb and olive oil mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes before sprinkling with crushed chillies and serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(66)
Reviews in English (47)
Absolute, flat out perfection. My only criticism would be that using dried herbs would only detract from the sheer beauty and fresh flavor of this, so if at all possible, use fresh parsley, basil and oregano. I made individual appetizer plates which couldn't have been prettier or tastier. Exquisite.-21 Sep 2008
I took this to a party and they quickly disappeared. I cubed the cheese to fit on toothpicks and just treaded all the ingredients starting with the caper,then half of a cherry tomato, red pepper then cheese and spooned the pesto over it all. I did this hours in advance. Very pretty.-05 Nov 2007
I made individual stacks instead of a platter, I used fresh basil leaves (left them whole & layered them in the stacks but next time I'll chop it) & I'm out of roasted red pepper so I used sliced banana pepper (loved the flavor & will make the sub again next time!). I used Columela EVOO (the best, according to Cook's Illustrated) & I added just a bit of white balsamic vinegar. I garnished the stacks w/ chopped red onion, a whole banana pepper & huge caper berries. This is the best caprese salad I've ever had...thanks for the recipe, Gail!-14 Aug 2007