We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pasta salad
This Greek pasta salad is a classic combination of feta, olives and tomato, with the addition of mushrooms. Oregano and basil combined with vinegar and olive oil make for an easy vinaigrette.
108 people made this
- 250g fusilli pasta
- 120ml olive oil
- 125ml red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 350g sliced mushrooms
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125g crumbled feta cheese
- 8 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 100g chopped black olives
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:2hr chilling › Ready in:2hr20min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Mix together cooked pasta, olive oil, vinegar, garlic granules, basil, oregano, mushrooms, tomatoes, Feta cheese, spring onions and olives. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, serve cold.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(119)
Reviews in English (79)
by DC Girly Girl
Basic salad recipe. Not a keeper though...see Greek Pasta Salad I which is also on this site. It is a more flavourful version of this recipe. Exactly the same except with more tasty stuff in it.-25 Mar 2008
I really enjoyed this. I had a family member over for dinner who didn't like mushrooms, so I left them out and used diced cucumber instead. I also chopped kalamata olives. I tried cutting back on the oil, because it looked like a lot, but I would use the full amount next time I make it. It might also benefit from using a little lemon juice in place of some of the vinegar, but all around really good as is. Thanks Kelly.-27 Jun 2005
Very good base recipe. I read some of the other reviews and followed what they did. I made this for a corporate luncheon for 40 people. I substituted a few things. I used cheese tortelini, red onions instead of green onions, added some green peppers and reduced the amount of mushrooms and used pitted kalamata olives instead of canned black olives. It got rave reviews. People were scooping it into paper cups to take home. Definitely one to make again and try more variations.-05 Jan 2008