We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Green salad
This is a sweet and crunchy salad with a delicious homemade vinaigrette. Crunchy cos leaves combine with almonds, mushrooms, bacon and mandarin oranges for a special salad that won't be forgotten.
6 people made this
- 1 onion, minced
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 125ml distilled vinegar
- 120ml olive oil
- 1 cos lettuce, chopped
- 1 (295g) tin mandarin oranges, drained
- 140g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 3 tablespoons cooked and diced bacon
MethodPrep:15min ›Extra time:3hr chilling › Ready in:3hr15min
- Place the onion, sugar, mustard, celery seed and black pepper into a small bowl. Pour in the vinegar, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is thick. Cover, and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- To make the salad, toss the lettuce, oranges, mushrooms, almonds and bacon together in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing, and toss again to coat.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (7)
not sure why only the one star, I served this on New Year's Eve and everyone loved it. I used the salad topping slivered almonds from package and also packaged bacon bits, it was very good. Would make again.-04 Jan 2009
Yum! I loved the bold use of black pepper and celery seed in this dressing. It was a bit too sweet for me, so I would hold back a little on the sugar, but it worked well with the salad as written, too. The recipe makes a ton of dressing - I halved it and still ended up with quite a bit, so you may want to cut it to 1/3 until you are sure you like it enough to use on more salads. Excellent fruit/nut/veggie/bacon combo! Thanks for the recipe!-15 Apr 2009
by Patti Terranova
Only reason I did not give this a 5 is because I listened to the other reviews on the sweetness and cut the sugar in half and was pleased with the result. Can't imagine using all the sugar called for. This dressing is excellent and goes perfectly on this salad. Was enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing Sarah!-06 Apr 2010